Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two Heartbeats

Today we had the appointment we've all been waiting for. For those of you that haven't seen or heard: I'm 11 weeks along and I look more like 16. I have a definite round bump on my tummy, and I've been wearing maternity clothes for a few weeks now. I've had this huge fear that I'm having twins. Babies are great, but 3 kids under 2 might just cause my end. So, we expressed our worries to Dr. Grover and she did a check. She heard 2 distinct heart beats. . . . luckily, one of them was mine!! Yay! So, anyway. . .there were some sighs of relief and we are looking forward to our new babY (not -ies) As far as the pregnancy, things are going pretty well. Of course there's the emotions, the sleepy-ness, and the eating issues. . but who's keeping track? I seem to be lactose intolerant when I'm pregnant, so no milk, ice cream, or anything like unto it. I've been taking calcium pills and just staying away from dairy. The last two nights I've started to get really nauseous at around 9 and so I just go to sleep. Which, ironically I'm feeling right now. Hina tagged me, but I'll have to continue this tomorrow night before I get sick.

3 comments:

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

You totally had me and I was so excited to have a twin friend, but am more excited that you are having 1 darling little heartbeat maker. Hope you start to feel better... those first few months are rough.

Christina said...

I was so worried for you! Yay for singletons, eh? I love my girlies but I wouldn't wish twins on a mommy with a two year old. I'm constantly paranoid I'm pregnant with multiples even though it's physically impossible for us to have anymore babies. I'm such a nutcase!

Hina Schneider said...

Congratulation you guys we are so excited for you. Babies are such great joys and having kids makes life worth while. We wish you the best of luck on your pregnancy I know that it can't be easy but I give props to you for having another one when hyrum is so young. I know i can't be having another one for a while. I feel like that there are some women in the world that are meant to have tons of babies and some that aren't meant to and your the women who is meant to have a big family because you have the patience and love for children. Best wishes and we hope all goes well with your health and your new unborn child.