Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pictures of Halloween and life

Halloween was a lot of fun for us. We participated in our ward trunk-or-treat. Hyrum loved walking around and just looking at everything, and he didn't even mind wearing his monkey costume either. As for Brett and I we put together some very last minute costumes. Brett is the 'typical Utah fan' and I am a villain (no I don't know which one. . . basically I just wore black, a cape and some black eye shadow)We let Hyrum play in the candy, because he had no idea what any of it was. . . or so we thought. He was having fun just playing in it until he found a sweetart and then we were in trouble. He knew what it was because they always give him one at the grocery store. After that we had to watch him carefully when he played with the candy. Luckily though, he still didn't know the rest of it was edible.These next two pictures just happened today. As a background: in the morning I eat cereal while he's eating his breakfast and when I finish I always drink my milk. While I'm drinking my milk from the bowl I play peek-a-boo with him. So, for lunch today he did a great job of eating his poppyseed chicken casserole and and soon as he was done he started to do the same thing with the bowl. It was very cute. I was just glad the bowl was empty.And in case anyone was wondering who's son this is:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good times! and might i say you look like a total hottie in that shot! really.

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! You guys all look great. I love the black eyes you did stephanie. Which I could pull something like that off.

Jaclyn said...

I LOVE the costumes! And my goodness, when did Hryum get so big?! I can't wait to play with you guys again... 6 more months?!

The Stells! said...

ohh so cute! We were not as lucky, jackie figured out what the candy was and tried to eat it through the wrapers!

Christina said...

At first glance you two looked like the parents from The Incredibles... there's an idea for next year! You've got the dark hair and he's the got the blonde hair. It just makes perfect sense. Plus the way you do your lips looks just like the mom from the movie!!

Very cute little monkey by the way!

And Poppyseed Chicken Casserole sounds delicious!!

Rushton Family said...

Darling monkey costume! You are a ham with your "villan" costume. We have you guys for Christmas. Any ideas you could give me would be great! Movies, food, gift certificates etc. Let us know.
Jen

Colette said...

Wow, you are a perfect villian. Hee hee. Nice Utah fan, too. and, of course, your little monkey is adorable!! We miss you! wish we could see you at Christmas. I was thinking- what doesn't everyone just meet up with us in Puerto Rico? Doesn't that seem like the easiest thing to do? ;)