It has been a great Thanksgiving weekend. Vacations are always so nice. Brett was able to finish the cold storage shelves, put up Christmas lights outside, assemble our tree inside, put Christmas music on the ipod for me and even stay up all night with his brother to be first in line at Old Navy on Black Friday for a free Lego's Rockband (yes we got it and it's pretty cool. . . feel free to come by and play! Ryan, you can use ours until you get your Wii:) Man, when I write it all down like that it makes me realize that Brett just doesn't do enough around here. . . haha. He definitely earned his Thanksgiving Dinner!Thanksgiving was nice and relaxed. My sister Holly and her husband Jeremy and their youngest came to hang out with us on Thursday. We ate until we were tired and then put the boys down for a nap while we watched Wolverine.
We loved making the big feast for Thanksgiving. Brett did most of the Turkey preparation and Hyrum helped me make whip cream to top off our Banoffee pie (One of my new favorites. It's an English dessert that Brett told me about, and thanks to Allrecipes-dot-com, we were able to have. YUMMMMYYY)

Today was pretty nice out, so we played outside. Noah is the cutest little bundle when it's cold.

We finished decorating the Christmas tree and it get's me so excited for the season. Hyrum has been fascinated by the stockings. I told them they were special big socks for Christmas and so, of course, he insisted on wearing them. Notice how they fit his entire leg!

6 comments:
I free Lego Rock Band: That Rocks (literally). Sounds like a good time. Wish we could have had it altogether.
mmm....Yummy.
Ok, so the previous comment that was deleted was me. I realized I was signed in as Chris. I'm sure Chris would also say your food is yummy!
I heard your Thanksgiving feast was delicious -- you are such a great cook! And I think waiting in line with Brett for 7 hours was Ryan's favorite part of the entire weekend :)
how fun to be with family!
That looks soooo yummy. That is so great that you got to celebrate thanksgiving with your sister. All of the boys pics are super cute. They are growing up so fast.
Post a Comment