Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Night Number 2

We're getting there. . . Noah went down at about 7:30 and woke up around 8:30 (probably because we opened the garage door which is right below his room). Anyway, he was awake so I let him crawl around a little but it became evident that he was still very cranky and not really in a "I just had a nice power nap" so I put him back in the pack 'n play . . . 10 minutes of crying and he was out.He woke up again around 11:30 just before we were headed to bed so Steph gave him one more feeding and put him back to bed and that was the last thing I heard :)



NOTE: I don't even wake up when he's screaming in the room next to me so there's little chance that he'll wake me through a monitor :)

Steph told me this morning that he woke up just once in the night and cried for about 30 minutes and went back to sleep. . . so he's making progress. The goal is to get the 11/12ish to 7/8ish stretch without a hitch for about a week and then we'll bring him back upstairs to his crib. Then if we can expand that to what Hyrum used to do when he was 1 (7pm - 7am) or even something close, the plan is to move the crib into Hyrum's room so that they get used to being in the same room together (since whenever baby #3 comes . . . no that's not even close to an announcment, they'll be moving into bunk beds). Thanks for you're comments and well wishes. . . Stephanie hasn't had perfect nights the last two nights because she's still got a sore throat, but she's definitely not bloodshot anymore :)

3 comments:

The Woods said...

Stick with it, guys! It's SOOO hard to let them cry, but it really helps them learn to go back to sleep. I hope you can pull through, Steph!

Unknown said...

Cool beans! Just be careful, because if Stephanie gets well AND the kids are sleeping good, she'll probably start canning 1000 jars a day!

Asherbie said...

Way to be strong! Sleep is a MUST for this happy mommy...