Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teeth, Hair, and Mormon Crack!

This has been an interesting week. Here's the story in pictures:
1. For the past month I've had a horrible haircut. . .I don't think anyone's noticed because I've been disguising it with clips, bobbi's, and headbands (accessories save the day!) So, for your viewing disgust here is a shot of the butchering incident. . . taken moments before I went to the salon to have 5 inches taken off. . . yes pretty sad about that since I've been growing it out for over a year, but it had to be done. . . goodbye mullet, I will not miss you.2. We had our regular 6 month dental cleaning and checkup. It was a bad one for us. I am an oral hygiene nazi. I HATE going to sleep without a good flossing, brush regularly, etc. but for some reason my teeth are just soft and I tend to have problems. I have managed to go w/o cavities for a couple of years, until this week- I have two:(. Brett on the other hand has nice strong teeth, seems to never have problems, while he on the other hand, may have flossed 5 times since we've been married:). This time I finally got the last laugh: he had one small cavity and . . . LOST A TOOTH!!! They had to pull one of his molars out! Our dentist says that his molar was amazing, because it was so large and had all 4 full roots. I guess that excites dentists. Anyway, the Dentist kept his tooth to show his colleagues. (Hopefully, he will reimburse whatever Brett would have made from the Tooth Fairy)3. My Prenatal vitamins ran out, so I decided to go back to the good old One-A-Day. Looking through the selection at the store I saw one that was a Metabolism Booster and who doesn't want a little extra fat fighter? So, of course I put it in the cart. Well today at lunch I popped in the vitamin and about a half hour later I became a little high. . . okay a lotta high. I've been pretty tired lately, but 'somehow' I had a big burst of energy. The boys and I cleaned the basement, wrestled, ran around the house, raced. My energy seemed to escalate as the day went on. I told Brett about my crazy energy and he looked at my vitamins and informed me that there was an equivalent amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee or 2-3 Mt. Dew!(As a non-caffeine drinker that's a lot) I went to a Pampered Chef party tonight and it had gotten to the point where I literally could not sit down. I stood in the back and alternated pacing and just swaying back and forth. Really, it was ridiculous. . .I was talking fast and the other women were asking me if I was ok? Of course I had to explain my situation - kind of embarrassing. When I got home I did a few laps up and down the stairs, cleaned up, and then sat down to watch American Idol and was still having a hard time sitting without shaking my legs. Finally at about 10 it started to wear off and I could sit normal. Conclusion: Don't do drugs. Don't do One-A-Day with Metabolism Boost. The end

10 comments:

kristen said...

haha... that is so funny steph. i love your hair cut!

Christina said...

That's SO hilarious!!

Cute hair, by the way.

-c

Jennifer said...

Your hair looks great!
I am amazed that 1 little vitamin could give you the shakes! We will definitely have to stay away from that!

kami said...

haha! too too funny!

oh and yeah i have horrible teeth too. that last time i went to the dentist (sadly, that was before i got pregnant with max...ugh) i had like 7 cavities and came out of the office bawling wondering how on earth we could pay for all those fillings! i am just hoping next time won't be as bad but i am sure it will be! :( and yeah my husband has perfect teeth too, no fair!

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

You're such a "crack" head.

Cassi said...

We have the same love/hate relationship with the dentist at our house. I actually love to go and get a cleaning...and if I have gone longer than 6 months, I usually have a cavity. Chris has still never had a cavity. Hopefully our kids will all get the Partridge teeth!

Amy said...

Love the new do :) Curse the cavities. Stay away from Crack!

Becky and Scott said...

First of all I love your Title! :) And Scott is the same way! He never flosses and will go a couple days sometimes w/o brushing and no cavities! That is hilarious you were on a high! But like you said, you got alot done! :)We miss you guys! :)

Colette said...

You are a crazy, crazy lady and I love it! :) I'm thinking those vitamins may just the pill I need...hmm...;) And your haircut is super cute.

mindy said...

very cute hair! I think your bad cut must have been done by a Colombian. That is the signature cute down here. It's awful.

And yes, stay away from that speed!!