I love days like yesterday. It was just a great day! We went swimming for the first time this year. Hyrum LOVED the "Big Bath!!!" aka community rec center pool. They have a huge kiddie pool area that he could run around in and go down the slide. We were the only ones in the section most of the time. Noah was pretty scared the first half of the time. He was holding on tight and wouldn't let go, but after sitting with him for a while and letting him just watch what was going on without moving, he finally started splashing and then wanted to play. Then in the afternoon we drove up to Ogden and got to visit with Great-Grandma Partridge. The boys were a little rambunctious, so we couldn't stay for too long, but it was nice visiting. Hyrum was being so funny when we were there. He recently has picked up a moderate obsession with monsters and loves finding them, capturing them, and blaming all messes on them. . . Anyway, while we were there
he started searching for monsters and reassured G-Gma that they were all gone and she was safe. Then Brett blew up a plastic glove for him into a balloon and Hyrum decided to tickle G-Gma with it and then tuck it into her bed under the blankets for a nap. I love the innocence and humor of our little people. When we left we met up with my sister and her kids at a big duck pond to play. Hyrum kept chasing after the ducks yelling, "Big Hug! Big Hug!!!" Noah loved to eat half of the cracker and then throw the other half at the ducks. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the cousins. What a great day: swimming, Great-Grandma, and cousins!




he started searching for monsters and reassured G-Gma that they were all gone and she was safe. Then Brett blew up a plastic glove for him into a balloon and Hyrum decided to tickle G-Gma with it and then tuck it into her bed under the blankets for a nap. I love the innocence and humor of our little people. When we left we met up with my sister and her kids at a big duck pond to play. Hyrum kept chasing after the ducks yelling, "Big Hug! Big Hug!!!" Noah loved to eat half of the cracker and then throw the other half at the ducks. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the cousins. What a great day: swimming, Great-Grandma, and cousins!
3 comments:
That rec center sounds great! Provo's been talking about doing a real rec center (instead of the little one at Provo High) and I hope they do it. Fun day!
How fun! I had no idea you guys had such a busy day before we came over! I'm glad we did though, it was fun being able to be spontaneous if only for a moment :) Thanks for saving my hair too, it's SO much better...Jason even agreed independently. :)
Sounds like a great day. I wish I was close to hang out on a sisters' day.
Post a Comment