On Friday I volunteered to clean the temple from 6-10pm. I was really excited, because I've never done it before, and it was fulfilling one of my Young Women experiences. Before I left Brett said, "We might have a hampster when you get back". So, the whole time I was there I kept thinking about hampsters and how I didn't want one, and wondering if its possible to return an animal. . .you can't really say 'it didn't fit' or 'the color didn't match'. When I got home I was relieved to find two cute Betta fish on our dining table. Thank you Brett for not getting a hampster. . . I just don't think I could handle three un-potty trained little friends in the house! Anyway, Hyrum named them 'Five' (He likes to name everyone 'Five') So we let Hyrum keep Five as one name and Noah named the other fish "Dodo", because everything to him (other than Momma, Dadda, and dip) is called Dodo. Welcome slippery friends to our family!
A lovely conversation and breakfast with Five and Dodo:
We're having yard mania lately. We've done a ton of work on our front yard (I'll post pictures later). Our next big job is the back yard (I cringe just to think of it). In order to not go crazy I really wanted to do a simpler planting project, so I could feel like something was totally done. I'm very proud to show you the planter boxes on our deck which are full of parsley and lemon balm. I'm SOOO excited to put them fresh in our food. We also planted a nice strawberry plant. We may never get any fruit from it because Hyrum likes to eat anything on it that remotely looks like a strawberry. . .we'll have to work on that one:) (The cute little blue flowers are going in our front yard)
I caught this picture of the boys, they were laughing and tickling each other in 'Noah's' seat. This picture just makes me so happy. I want to stare at it forever. I love my boys! 
A lovely conversation and breakfast with Five and Dodo:

5 comments:
Your planter boxes look great! Good luck with the back yard. It took me a week to do our front flower bed, but it was well-worth it, and it was actually enjoyable once I got started on it :)
I had to take a double take. . . I thought Hyrum was eating the fish for breakfast. Yucky! Your garden looks great.
I love the garden on your deck! I really don't like yard work, but I love it when it's done.
That's so cute about the fishes. Nice work with your yard. Love the last pics of the boys. It's adorable.
Ok, seriously, your boys are adorable. The pic of them laughing together and of them sleeping together is too cute. That is totally the reason I might just be hoping for another boy. Oh, and fresh parsley sounds heavenly. Micah and I will be in Utah for a few weeks in July...it would be great to get together!
Post a Comment