So, I realize the title is a little corny. . . but that's me. I'm not a great chef, but I am a great collector. I try new recipes frequently and I'm always in search for things that are amazing and somewhat easy. I've decided that for the next little while I will (on a weekly basis) post a recipe that I can't live without. The recipe I chose to post today is the one that inspired me to do this. This Adobo is one of Brett and my favorite meals. IT'S AMAZING!!!! After making it last week for probably the sixth or seventh time I remember thinking I bet everyone who loves Indian food would die for this recipe. So, now I'll give it to you. If you're not a fan of East Indian/Pakistani food than you'll want to pass this by. This recipe was originally from my oldest sister Holly, who is a great cook. I made a few changes to make it more Indian. Please let me know if you try making it.

Pakistani Adobo
4 thawed chicken breasts (cut into 1/4s)
1 tsp salt
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 garlic pod pressed (yes, this is a lot of cloves)
2 Tbsp. coriander
2 cans tomato paste (or 2 tomatoes chopped)
1 potato (washed, peeled, and diced into bite size cubes)
cashews
opt. coconut milk
Brown onions in shortening. Add tomato paste, garlic, and spices. Cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and potato then stir about 15 minutes on medium heat. Cover and let simmer 1 -1 1/2 hours. If it's too spicy for you add coconut milk and stir until warmed. (I usually add half a can) Before serving add cashews (use as many or as little as you want) Serve with rice.
This is very worth the investment of purchasing the spices you may not have in your pantry. The first time I made this I remember being shocked that I cooked something so amazing! Really, you'll LOVE it!
1 comment:
i will have to try this! we made some delicious curry on sunday. we love indian food. i'm excited to have a new recipe to try out!
Post a Comment