Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks

We were SOOO happy to have my sister Angela and her family over for Thanksgiving this year from Boise. The kids had a ton of fun having other friends around to play with. Hyrum even woke up on Saturday, went potty, put his dirty jammies away (well, he actually threw them in the trash, but we found them quickly enough), picked out some clothes, and got completely dressed and THEN came in to our bedroom and announced, "I all ready to go play with friends now!" It was really cute to see his pants on backwards, but his outfit did match.
We had an amazing meal that was easily enough to feed 20. I absolutely love Noah's face in this picture. He did say, "CHEEESE" but couldn't stop starring at the turkey. He was pretty intrigued by the unfortunate bird on our table.

Thanksgiving list of gratitude (written as it came in my head):
Stephanie: The Atonement and knowledge through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Brett. My boys Hyrum and Noah. All the extended family. Scriptures, but especially the Book of Mormon. Pictures. Books. Adobe InDesign. Hugs. A comfy couch. Pretty clothes. Our house. Help. Smiles. Dental floss. Music. Blankets. Heating and air conditioning. Cell phones. Blogging. Toys. Bubbles. Animals. Healthy food. Flashlights. Listening. iPod. New pillows. DoTerra. NetFlix. Sleep. Sweaters. Our cars. Fireworks. Mint ice-cream. Chuck and Bones. Education. Crunchy leaves. Raspberries. Watermelon. Nail polish. makeup. Rainbows. Rain. The ocean. Starfish.
Hyrum: "I thankful for aaaaallll my friends. I thankful for my Dad. My Dad like my Mom. My happy word is ride on rocket ship. . . (Mom-"What else makes you happy?")else makes me happy? . . . hmmmm. . . that's tricky. I like yummy food and I make good choices and play in basement. Helping my Dad." Tonight for our Family Night we talked about what we were thankful for and drew pictures. Hyrum insisted that Dad draw a frog with a bug to eat, a wagon, and friends.
Noah: Noah loves talking about, writing(kind of) and reading the alphabet. So when we drew he just shouted out letters that he wanted me to draw:) However, I'll add to his list: 'Hymum'(Hyrum), 'Mio'(Mom), 'Daddio', Vitamins (he asks for them several times a day), Hot Dogs, snacks, phones, kitty(his stuffed animal he sleeps with), blankie, milk, 'hot cholite'-his new favorite, and of course OSO.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those boys are growing up so quickly!

I'm very impressed that dental floss is on your thankful list . . . it would never make an appearance on my list, no matter how long the list was :)

Brett said...

Stephanie is a dental floss master. . . every night at least! The boys even like doing it too. . . me, not so much. Oh and for the record that picture of the boys is undoctored (can't say the same for our family picture, I had to move a few heads around). We just caught them in a great moment.

Hina Schneider said...

Love the picture of your two little boys. They are so cute and so precious.