I love Easter! I love the reminder of why and in whom I have faith. I am so glad to share Easter with such a wonderful family and hopefully teach the boys the real reason that Eternal Life through the Savior is celebrated. In honor of life I'll post about a few things that have made my week wonderful!
On Monday we went grocery shopping and Noah got a helium balloon, while Hyrum insisted on just getting an air-free balloon so he could blow it up himself. The boys were inseperable from them. When quiet time rolled around Hyrum insisted on sleeping in his own bed (I usually separate them, and Hyrum naps in our bed so they don't just play the whole time). Both the boys were so tired and yet they were being so good that I put Noah in his bed and Hyrum climbed up to his top bunk. The talking began. I knew they would never take a nap in the same room, but I kept them there for an hour because they weren't fighting and they seemed to be having a good brother talk. . . which rarely happens without some kind of hitting or screaming. After the hour was up I decided to break up the party and I found them both in Hyrum's bed (pause to run and get the camera). Evidently they were having a serious chat (as you can see by the picture). I asked why they wouldn't smile and Hyrum said, "Noah's smile died mom." I love my boys!
A few days later I went to check on Noah during his nap and I found that he had taken the picture of he and Hyrum down off the wall and placed it in his 'special' toy section that he seems to always fall asleep looking at. I put the picture back and he has done the same thing two other times this week already. I love posting about these moments, because I spend the majority of the day breaking up their fights and reminding them to be nice to each other, and it's nice to know that they really do love each other.
On Saturday morning Hyrum and I went on a little hike with a few of the YW leaders and one of the girls. I can't believe I've never gone on the trails right above us. Where Hyrum is standing was only a 10 minute walk from our house! Everything was so beautiful and Hyrum has now decided that he loves hiking, especially because we ran into two deer. (picture taken on my phone.)
One of my neighbors down the street threw a street Easter Egg hunt/BBQ on Saturday. Despite the fact that it was freezing outside, everything was perfect! The food was great and the boys even sat and ate really well. The kids had the first egg hunt and my boys went wild. Hyrum especially was collecting eggs everywhere and was so proud to show his conquests. After the kids egg hunt they then had an adult egg hunt, which was really fun. Some eggs had candy in them, but some had a number on it that allowed you to redeem your egg for gift certificates to restaurants and other fun stuff that we all donated.
Noah is so funny! Noah loves BYU, no indoctrinating needed. He frequently will sit at the piano bench pouncing the keys and singing, "BYU, BYU, BYU, BYU" over and over again. Then, very randomly, several times a week he will out of nowhere start drumming on something or raise his fist in the air and yell, "Go, Jimmer, Go! Go, Jimmer, Go!" This kid is crazy! Anyway, he put this bucket on his head and told our neighbor it was his BYU hat. Yes, I realize it's red, but to Noah everything is BYU.
I absolutely love how much the boys love each other, even when it's only manifest in brief moments. Those brief moments outweigh everything else.

No comments:
Post a Comment