The pregnancy is still going great. I've had some dizzy/faint moments. I've thrown up a few times. I swore off chicken (for some reason the smell repulsed me) for almost 2 months, but I ate some successfully this weekend. I have definitely been more tired then usual and a little more emotional, but overall this pregnancy has been WONDERFUL. My second trimesters with both of the boys were pretty hard and full of sickness, but (knock on wood) I'm now in my 16th week and have had minimal sick times. We have another ultrasound next week and I'm hoping to find out the gender. Woohoo!!! I'm excited!
Anyway, back to the recipe of the week. In honor of me finally eating chicken again I wanted to share a great Chicken Pasta Alfredo recipe. (I actually don't think I could have eaten the chicken if Brett hadn't done all the handling of it until it got on my plate. Thanks for being a grilling machine, Brett!)
Chicken Pasta Alfredo
2 cups milk
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
apx. 1/2-1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
fresh parsley
Heat milk, add rest of ingredients (minus parsley) and warm thoroughly. Don't let sauce come to a full boil. Once the cream cheese is no longer lumpy turn the heat down and sprinkle in parsley. Serve over pasta and chicken. (Brett grilled the chicken with Italian Seasoning on it and it was amazing!)
Heat milk, add rest of ingredients (minus parsley) and warm thoroughly. Don't let sauce come to a full boil. Once the cream cheese is no longer lumpy turn the heat down and sprinkle in parsley. Serve over pasta and chicken. (Brett grilled the chicken with Italian Seasoning on it and it was amazing!)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see your house . . . you guys have been busy!
OH yum. This is calling my name. I might just make it this week! I've been craving meat...
Congrats on the pregnancy! I had no idea!
Glad you can eat chicken again. I was the same way with grilled chicken when I was pregnant. Blech!
-c
I couldn't eat chicken through Katelyn's and Megan's entire pregnancies. With Adam's I was fine. So...maybe you'll have a girl!
Post a Comment