After weeks of research and bartering we think we have finally come up with a decision for our kitchen cabinet doors. The boys have loved driving around to the 'door stores', especially one that is located right by a duck pond. I will be so relieved to finally just get them ordered and be done with the whole project! It's always an adventure, and in all honesty I love projects.
We kind of forgot about Cinco de Mayo until that afternoon, so Brett was picked up a pinata and some Taco Bell for us to have a little party that night.
Ryan and Jennifer invited us over for a pre-Mother's Day BBQ. The weather was perfect and the food was satisfying. I love warm days!
The big kid table.
Yes, it's been only a week since we introduced the boys to ice cream sundaes. Yet, the moment Noah sees a white can come out of the fridge he stretches his tongue out as long as he can and walks around looking like a thirsty puppy. Dad is a softy and caves every time. It grosses me out, but I have to admit it does make me laugh:)
Mother's Day was great. I had my favorite cereal in bed with watermelon for breakfast. Hyrum sang 'Mother I Love You' during Sacrament Meeting with the Primary and I cried. I can't believe how old he's getting. He did waive to me from the stand and yelled to me once. :) I think the best Mother's Day gift from Hyrum was given to me on Thursday during Joyschool. The topic was 'When I grow up I want to be. . . '. The other girls were talking about being princesses or fairies. When it was Hyrum's turn to get up he said: "When I grow up I want to be a Mom. . . or a Dad." It really made my day. I asked him about it later and he told me that he wanted to be a Mom or Dad so that he could play games, go to the store, and do lots of fun things. I hope he always sees being a parent as so fun. Brett made me an awesome dinner: shredded chicken soaked in salsa, enchilada sauce, spices, corn, and black beans in a crock pot. It was served with rice and sour cream in a tortilla. Mmmmmmm. . . I have the best family ever!
2 comments:
For the record. . . those little smudges on my knuckles in the last picture aren't nasty witch warts. . . it's dried primer (from painting the cabinet doors).
YOU forgot Cinco de Mayo??? You never forget CM. But guess what? In honor of you this year I threw a fiesta, complete with enchiladas, taquitos, guacamole, and even gross authentic Mexican bread! :) I wish you could have been there! I miss you! Btw, how are you feeling as of late?
Post a Comment