Monday, May 2, 2011

Pictures anyone?

The counter-tops have finally come!  Our kitchen is one step closer to being finished and I am loving how it looks so far!  I don't want to give much away yet so the before and after will have more of an impact:)  This is where we stayed while they installed them.  The boys and I made a fort under our table and they loved watching everything that was going on.  
Noah's secret adventure:  Noah is very independent.  He has always been perfectly fine playing by himself and finding ways to entertain himself.  It has been such a blessing to have such an easy going, low maintenance little man, but explorers tend to also induce teaching moments and a need for an increase in patience. I was downstairs and the boys were playing nicely in their room together.  After a little while Hyrum came downstairs and helped me with cleaning up for a while.  Noah was awfully quiet upstairs by himself.  I walked into their bathroom where I could hear him quietly talking to himself.  He turned to look at me and very seriously said, "Mom, I painting mirror." and then went back to work as if I had interrupted his masterpiece.  For all those who want to pursue the arts: toothpaste does not make good paint.
Noah's second secret adventure:  When I take a shower I typically turn cartoons on, put legos on the floor, and then lock the bathroom door so that I can have some privacy.  Well, Noah has decided that this is the perfect time to do whatever he wants.  I frequently get out of the shower to find him eating from a bag of cereal on my bed (no no), rearranging his bedroom, pulling things off the pantry shelves. . . Anyway,  a couple of days ago I came out of the shower and immediately asked Hyrum where Noah was and he replied, "He just being crazy, Mom."  I walked out my bedroom door to see Noah standing at the top of the stairs with a gallon of milk opened (thankfully not full!) and his face looking like the picture below.  He then told me he needed milk.  I went downstairs to see the damage.  He was nice enough to put the jam container back in the fridge after he had kindly drank all that was left of it!  Fingerprints and jam smudges were clear evidence.  Seriously, this boy loves jam!
 I haven't mentioned this yet, but one of our neighbors has chickens.  With all the gardening I've been doing, I've loved having chickens so close, because they eat all of our weeds!  So, when it's nice the boys will go over with a bag of weeds each and feed them.  Both the boys love carrying them around like stuffed animals. (pic taken from phone)


Tonight we had our first official Sundae party for Family Night and I would say it ended as a success. . . minus getting them to stop running around like maniacs to go to sleep. Woa, sugar rush!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Noah has the softest skin in the world after rubbing the remainder of my Aquaphor all over his entire body.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Noah sure is a busy little guy!

Since about the time Nathan could crawl, I've forced myself to wake up before the kids and shower so I could avoid situations like the jam and toothpaste. I could not be as patient as you about it!

The last pic . . . Gorgeous!!