Sunday, May 15, 2011

Journaling

I've promised myself to post something every week on here, since this is our family journal.  Our lives aren't always exciting, but they are us and that's what I want to remember.

This week I spent a lot of time in the yard again with the boys.  I try to always make them feel like they are really good helpers, even when in reality their presence makes the work twice as hard:)  Their job is to find worms and then find a home for them in the soil.  It's a tough job, but they love doing it.  I'll post some pictures later of the final product.  On Wednesday we finally signed papers to have our kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts made.  I'm REALLY excited and can't wait to see the finished kitchen.  They will be done in about 5 weeks.  We actually bought them from a polygamist group, which was a bit strange.  It's a whole different world down there.

Today is Sunday.  I love lazy Sundays.  This morning the boys played together in the basement.  They were being so cute.  Out of nowhere Hyrum said, "Noah. Guess what?  I love you."  and then they went on playing.  I just love my boys SOOO much and it makes me so happy when they show their love for each other too. Church begins right when the boys nap usually starts, so it's kind of bad timing.  The boys do pretty well, most Sundays, but today Noah was really cranky.  About 10 minutes before Sacrament Meeting was over I looked over at Noah, surprised that he was finally quiet, to see that he had just plopped over asleep.  He was still sitting up and I guess he just couldn't keep his eyelids open another minute.  He slept for the next 2+ hours laying across the pew.  It was easy to give them a bribe when we got home for being good during church.
We're getting really excited.  We will be going to Hawaii with Brett's family next month and it's a topic of frequent conversation we have with the boys.  We talk about sea turtles, snorkeling, plumeria, and the ocean. We can't wait to see how much they love it.  Today we made a count-down chain and the boys got to color the chains.  Hyrum told me that he wrote 'Woohooo' on one of the chains after I had done the same thing.  I looked over to see what he actually wrote and it said: 'PooooooooooooP'.  It's the thought that counts, right?:)
As of Thursday I am 20 weeks.  The baby is the size of a banana and I'm feeling him move around.  I have been so happy to not experience all of the throwing up with this one. I feel very blessed.  I do however, get frequent dizzy spells and get exhausted when I'm on my feet too long. Gardening has been a pretty good match for me, since I'm sitting on the dirt most of the time.  This week I had an unfortunate pregnancy reminder.  I put some subtle highlights in my hair (using the same stuff I do on my hair every spring/summer).  My hair turned a lovely florescent orange.  I toned over it and was able to soften it a bit, yet I still wore a hat for a few days until my hair felt un-shocked enough for another process.  After three hair dyes in a matter of 4 days I was finally able to get the orange covered enough to only look like very subtle caramel highlights.  It occured to me that this has happened to me once before. . . when I was pregnant with Hyrum.  Hmmm. . . note to self:  Hair turns orange when highlighting it pregnant.  Note to everyone else:  Yes, pregnancy hormones can sometimes effect the chemical makeup of your hair- be cautious when coloring:)  

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the idea of the countdown chain.

That is a totally cute picture of you! You look great!

libby said...

You look absolutely beautiful! I love the way the color turned out. So pretty!

Colette said...

aw, man...I really really miss you! :) I've been pretty terrible at blogging lately- both keeping up with others' and my own, but it was fun to spend a few minutes catching up with yours! You are one beautiful pregnant momma! :) I had to giggle at the cabinet doors ordered from the polygamist group...I know those people. I went to high school with all their kids. Anyway...love ya and glad things are going well! We'd love to see you in July if you are around.