(Photo credit goes to Hyrum. . . he managed to capture a few pictures of my belly from the side while I was sitting at the table. . . those pictures will never be found again!)
Well, I haven't gotten everything done this last week that I had planned, because the Partridge home has been sick. . . or at least it's residence. I was the first to get it last Monday and I'm beginning to feel a little better now and I can only hope that it will be completely gone before this week's gone. I haven't had much energy to really do anything this last week, but I've tried to do at least one fun activity with the boys each day so we all don't go crazy. Brett pulled out Lego Rockband one night and the boys had SO much fun (video to come in the next day or two). The only problem is that now Noah insists on playing every second of every day, hopefully that will wear off soon. He pulls out the drums and microphone from our cold-storage room and sets them up on the floor making up songs and drumming away. Sometimes when he cries about something else he even will conclude the cry with a big lower lip and, "I be a drummer!" This boy will be an adventure with his obsession with skateboards and drums.
(Here singing along to the Beatles album)
While I was in the Shower Adventures part Infinity:
While I was in the Shower Adventures part Infinity:
Today it was dumping the remainder of Apple Dapples into a bowl - big improvement.
A few days ago- (Background: Last week we had Taco Salad, which means Doritoes were in the house. We don't typically have chips in the house, so this was a big treat and often fought over.) Story: I had dropped Hyrum off at Joyschool and came back home so I could take a shower. Noah and I were both sick at this point and patience on both sides was running thin. I wanted to take a shower and all he wanted was Doritos. I finally decided to just take the risk of a possible mess, and I put a handful of chips on a plate for him at the counter, then put the bag back in the pantry. Noah is pretty good about wiping his fingers off on a wet wipe when we ask him, so I put a wipe next to the counter with strict guidelines: "When you finish your chips, wipe your hands off super clean, and then you can watch a show until I get out of the shower." He's a slow eater, so I was really hoping I could take a quick shower and be out before he finished. However, when I got out of the shower I found Noah sitting on our bed with the bag of chips eating away. "NOAH! No food on the carpet, especially on Mom and Dad's bed!" He looked at me as if I were in the wrong and just said, "I all done with chips downstairs. I wipe my hands off." I cleaned everything up, changed the bedding, and went downstairs. On the counter was an empty plate and a very dirty wipe that had obviously been used to clean his hands just like I asked him too. How can I be mad at my two year old for following my directions exactly? Once he had done everything I asked, he simply climbed into the pantry, got the chips and watched a show. Lesson to myself: Be more specific in my instructions and use more common sense, even when sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment