It has been a great school year for Hyrum. Each week in Joyschool he has learned a new letter, number, and subject. I've had fun teaching the kiddos and rotating with the other moms. He has made huge jumps in his social skills and he really likes the feeling of accomplishment when he talks about what he did in school. On the last day I asked them what their favorite part of Joyschool is and each of them, almost unanimously, said 'snack time, and fun activities!'. The only thing I'm sad about is that I didn't really take pictures throughout the year. Here are a few I took on their last day, which sadly didn't turn out very well. I can never seem to take good pictures in doors.
Craft time- making caterpillars
We started with six kids and ended with these cute four. Yes, Hyrum is the only boy - I think the girls have really calmed him down.
Each Joyschool starts with class time where they sit on their mats and we learn the new letter and number, then we usually sing songs that have to do with the theme or the letter/number.
When we're not in school Hyrum loves to be the teacher and play school with Noah. It's so cute to watch him tell Noah stories and try and reenact what he learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment