Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Workin' Hard

  In preparation for the baby and for our trip to Hawaii coming up in a few days (WOOHOOO!) we've been working like crazy to get things done around the house.   Last Saturday Brett spent pretty much the whole day working in the yard. The lawn is now edged, mowed and all the sprinklers are fixed and arranged for perfect watering.  I'm so lucky to have such an awesome hubby who loves making me happy.  I'm really excited about our garden this year.  When the plants start producing I'll be sure to post some mouth-watering pictures.  The first fruits of our labors have begun to bloom.  We have the most beautiful peonies exploding in our front yard.  I can't help but just stare at their beauty.  I really think they're in my top 5 flowers of all time!  Within the next few weeks several dozen blooms will turn into a huge bush of white and pink blossoms.  
On the inside of the house we've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen (not cooking-which is another reason for the lack of recipe posts).  Our kitchen remodel is coming along nicely and we're starting to see the end of the tunnel with the whole project.  Here's a little peak, but we won't show any full pictures until the back-splash is put in at the end of the month. 
Another 'project' that has been keeping us hopeful and happy is this little dude.  This was taken almost a month ago so he's grown a bit more.  I just love his little face and can't wait to see the real thing.  So far the pregnancy has been going excellent.  Everything is looking great, my anti-body count hasn't spiked, and this little man is a wiggle worm!  

No comments: