Our little town had its annual family festival last week and it was awesome! I can't believe we haven't gone before. There were a lot of rides both for kids and adults to enjoy, firefighters spraying water for everyone to cool off, food, a bake-off, and the day ended with some amazing fireworks that we had front row seats too from our deck. Here are some pictures from the day:
Owen was such a good sport. He was in his stroller pretty much all day, but he was still happy:)
Here's the big slide. There was a lull in the line for a while and the boys went down at least 4-5 times. They loved it!
I made Banoffee Pie for the Bake off and won the bake off grand prize (a fancy 16 piece dining set), which was pretty cool. If you want the recipe, CLICK HERE. The firemen working the hose and the city council people were the judges. The funny thing is that between the car and the booth, I let Hyrum hold the pie (which was in a cake carrier) for just a minute while I was messing with the stroller, and he dropped it! I was amazed that only one corner of the whipped cream was smashed, so it wasn't that bad.







1 comment:
Wow, congrats on winning the pie contest! Although it's not a huge surprise -- you're a great baker!
Post a Comment