Sunday, June 3, 2012

Doors

We’ve had quite the experience with our semi-remodeling of our kitchen.  Along the process we’ve gathered quite a few extra cupboard doors, so in an attempt to be resourceful and ‘green’ we’ve up- cycled a few of them into toys for the boys.  One of the doors I spray painted yellow and used chalkboard paint on the interior for a fun chalkboard.  The boys have had a lot of fun drawing on it at the table.  Hyrum drew this cute picture for me of a big Mommy cat and her baby cat.  He told me it said ‘I love Mom’.  Even though he didn’t write the sentence in order, it still was a great present.  IMG_1244

With another door we purchased Lego sheets and filled the interior of the door with them so the boys have  a huge Lego board to build things on.  We still have a lot more doors, do you want one?

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

do you think I can get a couple of those doors on the plane on the way home in July??? Cause I'd love some. :) Would they fit in a large suitcase??

Stephanie said...

Probably. I have several sizes. If you email me the dimensions of your suitcase I can save a couple for you. The ones I have are a lot nicer than the plane square one you see in the picture. They would make great crafts!

Jaclyn said...

Will do!! I get you measurements ASAP. Thanks!