I can't believe that I forgot to mention that the boys finished soccer. They did awesome. Hyrum pretty much dominated the field at every game. . . it helps being the oldest one on the team by almost a year and also being a good 6 inches taller then everyone else:) It was fun, and Hyrum was always asking his coach to be put in. Noah did a great job too. They were both really good at kicking it in the right direction (most of the time) and mostly just having fun. They were split up twice for playing 'huggy brothers', aka wrestling, during the game. These boys are such great buddies and I love it!
The last game of the season was pretty interesting. It was REALLY windy, which made it incredibly cold. I had been gone most of the day and didn't realize that it was that cold, so when we got there we were the only ones in short sleeve shirts and shorts. . . in fact most people wore winter coats and blankets. Hyrum and Noah were good sports and didn't complain much. Brett was working late so I was there solo. A family sitting next to us had pity and gave us a big blanket they weren't using. We all huddled up in it and attempted to stay warm. After a while Owen was done being patient and decided to unleash his banshee screams. That seemed to open the gates for the boys discomfort and desire to go home. After about 5 minutes of a screaming baby and both boys whining/crying I decided to call it quits and start loading our stuff up to go back to the car. As I was getting things organized the coach announced that the game would be called in 2 minutes. I started to pick things up and carry Owen, a lawn chair, two water bottles, and my purse to the van while Hyrum was on the field playing. Two men sitting next to me came to assist what probably looked like a serious basket case. One of them had a big wind resistant umbrella that he held next to me to block the wind and the other carried my chair. I like to think that I looked like a rockstar with two body guards rather than a frazzled mom with spit up on my shirt, hair in knots, and children screaming:) Anyway, I got two of the boys loaded and walked back to get Hyrum and their trophies and snack. It was a fun night:) I am grateful to be surrounded by so many kind people.
No comments:
Post a Comment