Our boys go to bed early. We learned early on that whether we let them stay up late or go to bed early they wake up at the same time, so they go to bed early. They have never been awake to see fourth of July fireworks. There were amazing fireworks we could watch on our deck for our city festival earlier. I carried Hyrum out of his bed, all the way down to the deck, and sat him on my lap to watch, because I thought he would be excited. He never fully woke up but asked me if I could take him back to bed after a few minutes. That boy loves his sleep:) My family was in town for a reunion, so we decided to do the boys first 4th of July fireworks show. Aerial fireworks are banned in our neighborhood so we crashed at my friends, the Felix's, for a fireworks show. She also had family over, so it was great to combine all of our fun!
The boys really loved the sparklers and all the fireworks.
Here are Grandma and Grandpa Rushton holding Baby Emmett and Connor while we were running around helping with sparklers.
Scott and Michelle's family stayed with us for a few days. The boys loved having cousins around to play with. We loved having Scott play the bagpipes for everyone during fireworks.
The fireworks escalated in size and wow factor throughout the show. Brett shot off a huge 9-aerial pack last. It was beautiful and amazing! I LOVE fireworks, and now that Brett has gotten a taste of the pyrotechnics, I have a feeling he may even do a little more next year.






No comments:
Post a Comment