I can't believe I have a 7 year old! Hyrum has been so excited for his birthday the past several months. He LOVES planning parties. Once we narrowed it down to a theme he was giving me instructions left and right. He was very specific about every detail, and as much as I would have loved to make everything the way he wanted, most things were just not feasible. We made some substitutions and changes from his plan but ended up with a very fun party that he was happy with. It was a lego theme, so when people arrived they colored lego movie coloring pages and put on the party hats that Hyrum picked out.
A big hit at the party was when Brett taught the kids how to make a balloon animal. All the kids loved this one.
After animal making we opened presents and ate some yummy ice cream lego cake. He had three very specific design ideas for his cake, which were all WAY beyond my abilities, so I informed him that I would suprise him with a different idea. He was worried about it but was very happy with the end result.
After we filled them with sugar, we armed them and blindfolded them for Hyrum's traditional pinata.
While we waited for parents to arrive we all played with legos. It was a fun party.
We saved a little bit of his birthday for the afternoon when Grandma and Grandpa Partridge could be here. He loved being able to celebrate all day.







No comments:
Post a Comment