Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Hyrum revealed
Sleeping: I never reported this, but Hyrum moved into a big boy bed when we moved into our new home. He did GREAT with the transition. We were expecting armegedon and were pleasantly suprised with a very easy transition. He's never fallen off (that we know of), and he seems to really like the freedom of being able to just get in bed. He's so good about going to sleep at night. We have a 5 minute night routine with him and then shut the door and he's out. Although, I have to say that he's been having nightly wake-ups the past couple of weeks that haven't been fun for us. We're hoping with limiting his daytime naps and keeping him outside during the day longer he'll get back on schedule.
People: Hyrum usually just does his own thing. Although if he wants Brett or I to do something with, or for, him he just grabs our hand and pulls us somewhere and puts our hand on what he wants. He even will lift our feet up for us if he wants us to step in a certain place. It's really funny. His independence does scare me sometimes though. Today we were playing outside with a bunch of the neighborhood kids when I realized I couldn't see where he was anymore. I was looking around when a women a few houses down came out to see if I was missing a son. He just walked into their house and went in their basement to follow their cat. He is our little explorer.
Entertainment: Hyrum's favorite word lately is "WOW". It's so cute when he says it because he over-pronounces his w's. He says wow frequently and it makes me remember to be grateful for all the little things. For example, every Monday night after he goes to sleep I go grocery shopping, which means a full fridge on Tuesday. So, on Tuesday morning when he looks in the fridge he just stairs inside and says "WOW" as if the magic food fairies filled it in his sleep. Another favorite of his is the washer and dryer which he loves to watch on laundry day. In this picture he decided to make the dryer his lunchtime entertainment.
Eating: He goes through phases of things he likes and doesn't like. This week his love is corn. I had to start limiting him to 2 cobs of corn a day, otherwise he just wouldn't stop and eat anything else. As you can see by his pajamas, this cob was his breakfast supplemented with cereal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe Hyrum is so big! I mean, I can believe it because a reasonable amount of time has passed since we've seen you guys, but still!
he is getting so big it's incredible! i love his big boy bed. i bet that's exciting!
Post a Comment