Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Junk Drawer

So, I'm pretty sure everyone has somewhere in their house a junk drawer where all odd things end up. Some things are important that you just don't know where to put yet, and other things really are junk. Well, in our house we HAD a junk room. . . yea, that's kind of pathetic. IT was intended as an office and craft room, but over the year it became the catch-all room for a ton of stuff. So, about a month ago we decided to tackle it. We took everything out of everywhere into the center of the room to do an inventory/purge:

We had a big trip to DI. . . an even bigger trip to the trash. . . and then we made a plan:

Then we became happily organized:

Oh, how I love having everything in a place and feeling like I can now get things done.

NOTE from Brett: One thing Stephanie didn't mention is that those shelves are in the closet of the "office".  Everything in that junk picture above used to be crammed inside that closet and now it all (minus the stuff we threw away) fits nicely on the shelving. . . Amazing how much you can store if it's just organized.

2 comments:

mindy said...

awesome! It feels so good to get things done like that. I think I have a junk drawer in every room.

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Perfect. I'll take one too (feel free to come take care of my house).