Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh, Man

Hyrum has the wildest imagination and he really says the funniest things sometimes.  
(Here he is holding Cambry.  My friend Naomi's little girl.  She's SOOO cute!  Hyrum kind of LOVES babies lately!  He kept asking Naomi to hold her and carry her.  In fact, if you have a baby and don't want Hyrum all over her, you might just want to stay away:)
We had a little New Years Eve party with ice cream cookie sandwiches and a movie.  Hyrum is now obsessed with having New 'Ears' Eve Parties.  He asks for one several times a day.  Yesterday I gave in and said that we could have a Party, but we ran out of cookies and ice cream.  So, anyway I was busy doing something and Hyrum said, "Don't worry, Mom, I'll get the party all ready"  I came downstairs and he had two paper lunch bags out and put a fruit snack pouch in each for he and Noah.  What a nice big brother:)
Here are a few random Hyrum stories:

I asked Hyrum what he was doing and he just said, "Ok, Mom, you can play, but you have to share! Ok?!"

Last night we had the little girls from our youth group over at our house, since Brett's out of town.  The boys got to do a craft activity with them.  One of the girls had braces and when Hyrum saw them he just stared at them and then got really close to her face and said, "Wow! You have a pretty necklace on your teeth!"  

During Christmas we discussed the Wise Men and all Hyrum could talk about was how they built their houses on rocks:)

At JoySchool one of the other teachers said that she complimented him on a picture he drew, and he gave her a stern, "NO, you supposed to say: 'Wow, Hyrum, good job!'"  He frequently tells us what HE wants to hear.  

My favorite is when he yells at Noah for something and gets in trouble.  We tell him he has to use a nice voice, so he'll proceed to talk to Noah in a super high pitched voice. (I hope I don't sound like that:)

"There was a magic apple and all kinds of things, and they changed me into an elevator." . . . ? very interesting

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This post made me laugh . . . SO cute! I wish that my braces had felt like a pretty necklace :)