Monday, January 17, 2011

What you may have missed

I'm sure I've said this before, but I really just can't get over how amazing our view is from our house.  It's actually very distracting for me, especially at sunset. . . which happens to be when I'm right next to the window prepping dinner.  Well, tonight I really just couldn't think about food when the sky was so breathtaking.  In a matter of one hour the sky transformed into a rainbow of colors and shapes.  I'm sad that I'm not a better photographer to capture just how vivid and astonishing the colors were.  At one moment it really appeared as though the clouds were burning with the bright reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks, and then moments later everything glowed in a deep purple and soft blue.  Every night it's a different show and every night it seems to be more spectacular than the night before.  Tonight I finally decided to try and get a few shots to prove my point.  These three were all taken within a thirty minute period.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Jason & Naomi said...

Those are gorgeous! I miss you guys! When's the next time you will be coming up here to visit Holly?