Long Feared
I don't think anyone grows up and thinks, "Someday I want to drive something hot, sleek, and thrilling like a . . . minivan." For years I told myself, "I will never own a van. I will NEVER own a van!" Why? Hmmm. Well, because owning a van means the end to spontaneity, thrill, whistles from random men (not that I've ever had that happen to begin with), fun in general, and all aspects of coolness. Or at least that's what vans in general seem to generate in the world. So, I will be one of those cool moms with a big honkin' SUV. About a year ago I decided that I could potentially swallow my pride and consider a mini-van as a practical alternative to cool. I've since done much more thinking and my heart has changed to realize that I don't need my vehicle to define me. I define myself. . . or at least I'd like to think so. We decided, with the recent accident, to use this opportunity to take the plunge and give into practicality, because if I'm defined as being practical by those around me than that's okay with me. So, take that world of SUV's. I may slightly still be jealous of you, but as for me I am still me, just now in a bigger car. Goodbye Rodeo. Hello, our new Town and Country. P.S. new Mini -Van you're pretty wicked awesome!
Long Awaited
I've been meaning to put this first clip up since Halloween. Our boys are just so dang cute. They really crack me up sometimes. The first two are just hilarious. The third one is super sweet and then super funny. You have to turn the volume up for the third clip. Hyrum was in a time out for something but when it was over he wanted to stay in the corner to 'practice singing a song'. At the end I was trying to straighten the camera out so it's kind of bumpy, but you have to listen to what Hyrum is saying. He has the funniest imagination.Oh, and sorry for the funky color of the last video. I have no idea what happened but the colors went crazy.
5 comments:
We took the mini-van plunge in May. It was hard, but necessary. I LOVE IT! And so do my babies. Wise choice. And they get better gas mileage, and drive more like a car, and have tons of room, and can fit more people without physically moving seats around...I could go on, but I will stop.
I still think you're cool.
Congratulations on the new mover of family, friends and stuff. It should last a long time, so enjoy.
Mini-vans are much cooler than SUV's. Welcome to the club!
We rented a Yukon/Tahoe at Christmas because the rental company was out of minivans. They are harder to maneuver (parking, turning radius, etc). It was harder to get the kids in the back seat, and then we could hardly fit our luggage. Not to mention that small kids can't open the doors of the SUV and you have to worry about banging the doors into the cars next to you. I LOVE the auto sliding doors of the mini-van -- definitely way up there on the "cool" scale!
You made a great choice!
That video was so awesome!!
-c
Too bad Brett didn't teach Hyrum a real push-up. Oh well! :)
Post a Comment