Brett was gone for a whole week. We had a lot of fun activities planned and we stayed busy the whole time until Thursday when out of no where Baby Owen woke up from his nape burning hot. I was in the middle of teaching Joyschool when he woke up and I ended up cutting my lesson short. At first I figured the fever would go quickly, but throughout the day he got hotter and hotter. By dinner time his temperature read 105.6 and I was certain that our thermometer must be broken. I ran over to a neighbor and borrowed their thermometer. I wasn't able to get a good reading because he was screaming and wiggling a lot, but it read 103.4. I decided I really should take him in to see the pediatrician. I gave him some Tylenol and got in to see the doctor an hour later. His temp was 104.5, and his Strep test was positive. I felt horrible. My poor little baby was miserable. I got him on an antibiotic right away and alternated Ibuprofen and Tylenol every three hours. He was up most of the night. The next day he did pretty well in the morning and then his fever spiked again that afternoon and evening. Brett came home that night. I was so happy to have him there to help with the other boys. It's Monday night now and he's still up a good chunk of the night. I called the Doc today and he told me that it sounds like he probably has Strep and a viral infection, since he hasn't show as well of an improvement as expected. I'm tired. Brett's tired. Hyrum and Noah are tired. Poor Owen is just so sad. I hope he feels better soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment